create + conduct + connect
T-Ink technology appiled to transportation:
Decorative, conductive and dielectric inks are printed onto film substrates to create capacitive electrodes along with traces necessary to connect indicators and terminals. The film is then thermoformed to generate the complex contours while maintaining electric connection to the electrodes.
Why T-Ink for Transportation?
- Space Reduction - the only method to create a true 100% 3D smart part in thin format.
- Better customer experience through fastest capacitive switch available on the market. 10X faster in sensitivity to all other capacitance technologies.
- Design Optimization - Multilayer, multifunctional printed electronics to meet complexity challenges. An enabler to new innovative design no longer constrained by the traditional mechanical devices, lighting and electronics.
- Assembly Simplification - The end product is a highly styled and decorative plastic component with a single connection point to connect a multiple array of switches through one contact point.
- Weight Reduction – T-INK In Mold provides weight savings per component part with weight savings ranging from 30% – 70% per part.
Client: Keyless Entry
To Key or Not To Key
Smart inMold technology creates an interactive b column and/or printed windshield element that creates a unique and invulnerable interface that will light up when the driver is within a specific distance and allow the entry of a personal code to gain entry to a vehicle.
Client: Heated Steering Columm
A printed T-INK heat trace allows for the form and flexibility of the steering wheel and column to generate pulsed heat for the driver’s comfort. High, Medium and Low settings allow the driver to select.
Reduces Weight and Saves Gas
T-INK’s innovative InMold overhead control panel reduces dimension by 75% allowing the auto’s headliner to be placed against the the roof body of the vehicle creating over 2” of interior headroom and space for the driver.
Client: Heated Seating
The Hot Seat
T-INK's patented printed heat generating fromulation creates a fully encompassing heated environment for both driver and passengers of unsurpassed comfort by eliminating traditional wires and heating coils and replacing it with a seamless printed and washable pattern of any size and shape.
Client: Center Stack Flip Control
Flipping Head Over Wheels
For the SEMA Exhibition T-INK designed a thintronix flip console incorporating full audio and environmental controls within a touch activated surface utilizing its Smart InMold process.
Client: Tinktronix Center Console Concept
Front & Center
Smart InMold panels slide along inMold conductive tracks to create interiors fully customized by the user for optimum placement based upon the user’s personal preferences.
Designing The Car of The Future – The ability to replace wires, switches and sensors through the use of T-INK formulations and applications that allows a vehicle to become connected to its users and the world around them. Multiple layers of T-INK chemistries are formulated and chemically engineered to perform to the application requirements and to be compatible with the desired printing process. T-INK's disruptive Smart InMold technology allows the Car of the Future to become the Car of Today.